Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week #11 - Podcasts & Audio Files

This exercise has prompted me to utilize my iPod a bit more. I downloaded iTunes to my PC and subscribed to the podcast RSS feed for The Hour, a current affairs show on CBC, and watched/listened to the first 10 minutes of the show. For a change from listening to music, I'll now start listening to these podcasts on my iPod. It's as easy as plugging your iPod into your PC and voila, your podcasts are automatically synchronized onto your iPod - I like that.

I also checked out the audio books on Librivox. I listened to the first few minutes of "The Picture in the House", by H.P. Lovecraft and "The Black Cat", by Edgar Allan Poe. Work constraints did not allow me to listen for a longer period of time, but I really enjoyed listening to these audio files. I think I'll start listening to audio books while I'm cleaning the house or during a long walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment